View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
Were you ever tested for celiac with blood work or scope? That can take a long time to heal the nerves. Also RA is an autoimmune process that has a name. Many don't. Whatever is attacking your joints can also be going after nerves. Do you also have dysautonomia?
Also, would your doctor let you try the plaquenil for the RA? I have a friend who only has an official diagnosis of RA and her doctor offered it. As far as I know that would the only other thing that would be offered. Were your vitamins and minerals checked? b-12, b1, b6, D, E, folate, iron, ferritin, copper, ceruloplasm, zinc?
Hi health girl. Yes, I was tested for celiac. Negative. I did have positive anti-gliadin tests showing the gluten antibody.

And you're right about autoimmune processes without names. Even my rheumy told me she sees neuropathy mediated by autoimmunity that doesn't fit into any existing autoimmune disease. She said it could just be a separate mechanism where my immune system is going after my nerve tissue. I don't know about gluten, to be honest.

I have been anemic all my life (iron deficient) and still have issues getting my iron up, although supplements DO help, it's just slow. B6 was lowish, but normal. B12 was lowish, but normal. B1 was fine. D was extremely low, but improving. copper and zinc were fine. Folate was lowish, but normal. I am supplementing all of these things.

When I was 19 (I'm 31 now) my longest toe on each foot went numb and have been numb since. I never thought much of it until all of my toes went numb last year and progressed to this full body neuropathy I am dealing with now. I think the incident when I was 19 was the beginning and I have had an autoimmune mechanism happening for a lot longer than I initially thought (RA didn't start until I was 27) - something definitely proceeded the RA. but with these normal inflammatory markers and no other symptoms, I am lost.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote