Thread: PCS and nausea
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Red face Better but not all better

It has now been 6-1/2 months since my car accident, when a woman tried very hard to pass me on the inside of a rich hand turn. I really got twisted around. Initially I had OT and Speech Tx, and then did a few months of chiropractic. Three months ago I started medical massage to help with the muscle spasms in my neck, and then a neuro PT who does dry-needling and other work on my neck and upper back. I added the PT about the same time I stopped the chiro, six weeks ago.

I am now sleeping through the night without medications - was taking diazepam and then Trazodone (both for awhile). I am working part-time but still have a definite limit as to what I can do. I am still having very frequent headaches and cannot do anything that involves looking down - like seated working at a table - for very long without getting a headache. Nevertheless, I am much better in other ways; my memory and focus are better, I have returned to my former level of energy, and I am no longer having problems with speech, balance, irritability, etc.

I am getting the impression that the attorney and PT think it is taking a long time for me to get over the headaches and should reduce the frequency of headaches so that it looks better to the insurance company. They seem to be particularly focused on the massage as unnecessary, even though my doctor who referred me told me when I saw him last week that medical massage is a good way to address muscle spasms, adding that I definitely still have that.

The attorney told me, "anybody would like to have massage every week". This is about the same thing as saying that I am malingering to take advantage of the massages. Deep tissue work on injured tissues is painful and I'm not sure that everybody would think that was so terrific. I think it's been helpful, but it's not like I signed up for a car accident.

I'm not sure what to think about all this
Adenium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote