View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

gg,

It sounds like you have exhausted most of the diagnostic tests except for a Neuro Psych Assessment and maybe some specialized testing they do at Amen.

But, finding a cause is not likely going to change how you need to manage your symptoms. Low stress living is important. Good sleep is also very important. I take gabapentin to help my brain let go so I can fall asleep. It was a replacement for the benzo I was taking and is much better and does not leave me drowsy the next day. I take 600 mgs and hour or 2 before needing to go to sleep.

I also occupy my mind with mundane thoughts, a movie, YouTube, etc. so I don't get thoughts going that are cognitively stimulating. Quality sleep with all of the stages is very important to helping the brain cleanse and heal from toxic stress.

If you can find a task to do with your hands that is not cognitively stimulating, that can cause good blood flow to the brain without cognitive challenges.

When you say you are 'on the go,' what does that mean ? What is your day like ? What kind of activities do you do ?

Has your doctor suggested trying medical marijuana ? A high CBD low THC strain, Charlotte's Web, Harlequin, maybe AC/DC, or straight CBD oil for sublingual absorption would be worth considering. CBD does not absorb well through the gut so must consume more edibles in many cases. Some find a bit more THC before bed helps with sleep. The therapeutic amount of THC does not cause a high. Getting high can be counter productive because it can cause agitation.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
goodgrief20 (12-05-2016)