Thread: Feet Again
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumtrot View Post

Anyway, my question is should I be concerned about this spot on my toe? I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic but since neuro cautioned me on this I want to make sure this isn't the start of a sore...
I would take a blue-purple area without feeling in my feet VERY seriously.

I don't think it's that common. How do you know that you're not diabetic or pre-diabetic? What is your fasting glucose level? Have you had a glucose stress test? Also, look up side effects on all the medication you are taking, prescription and over-the-counter. I look things up at www.rxlist.com . You might see some drug causing a side effect of poor circulation or tissue damage. For example, a drug for arthritis like Methotrexate could cause your symptoms.

Is there a lot you're not telling us? Are you healthy in general? Have you had recent cancer/radiation treatment/chemotherapy? Is your weight under control? Do you eat healthy? Are you an angry, fearful, tense, or stressed-out person. Do you drink alcohol or use other psychoactive drugs to excess? Do you smoke? Any and all these things would affect your feet and nerves. We have very knowledgeable people active in this forum, but absence some vital information, their advise can be wildly off base...i.e. the more you divulge here, the better quality the response will be.

You have a right to a diagnosis and treatment plan, and the reasons for that diagnosis and plan. You also have a right to all your medical records. Most offices are happy to provide them no charge within reason. Your recent blood tests and neuro report are reasonable. Asking them to duplicate a thousand pages is not.

A good way for you to precede now would be to 1) get to a doctor soon, 2) get copies of your recent testing and your recent neurological report, 3) then go to Liza Jane's website at http://www.lizajane.org/ and start plugging in the numbers, and 4) learn all you can (our "Stickies" section has a wealth of knowledge and wisdom). The internet and Google makes knowledge available to us that would have been extremely difficult to get just a few years ago.

People lose their feet, and it's very hard to establish malpractice in court. Much better for you to be knowledgeable and proactive to get this dealt with.

Meanwhile, be careful. I wouldn't soak in hot water, walk much, wear tight shoes, or stand much until finding out what's wrong. I don't see how soaking your feet in cool to luke-warm Epsom salts foot baths and elevating your feet and legs a lot could hurt, and might help a lot.

Weekends and summer tend to be slow on this forum, so be patient if you don't get many responses.