View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:43 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmiyakaw View Post
Greetings, all, from Austin, Texas. I had surgery last Friday (6 days ago) in Dallas with Dr. Feigenbaum. I had 4 cysts on S3 and S4; the largest was well over 3cm and had "remodeled" the adjacent bone. Although my pain has only been acute since January, I've had a host of other problems over the years that I now believe were Tarlov cyst related. I had an MRI 5 years ago that showed 1 cyst already over 2cm, but it was dismissed as incidental. I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences!

All seems to be going well with my recovery but I'm wondering about swelling. The surgical site is starting to itch and swell a bit, and I don't know how much swelling is "normal." Also, despite taking stool softeners and metamucil, pushing fluids, and eating high fiber foods, I'm really struggling with post-op constipation. Anyone have any advice for this?
Many thanks!
I am having surgery on Dec 20 and am starting to get nervous. I have questions. Would you be willing to speak with me? I don't know how this site works... not sure where we go from here...
jpdalton378 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote