View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyRoberson28 n 0 View Post
Hi all. Had one question. 1. I've had one of the worst days of my life today so I've been stressed. My vision has been acting kind of blurred today and I also may be focusing on it to much. Could the stress be causing the vision problems? I've been to the eye doctor tons of times and every time he says it's in my head. I hope he's right. That's as far as the floaters are concerned the doctor said he thinks its anxiety related. The blurred vision I believed has happened to me before when I was stressed so I'm guessing that's all this is?
I have experienced vision problems that did not show up on standard optometrist's tests. If you look through the forums many with PCS find that their vision impairment is one of the most debilitating symptoms. I'd try to get an appointment with a neuro ophthalmologist or an ophthalmologist if the former isn't available to you. They have much more detailed tests. They also (if you are lucky) may know more about the vague visual problems that result from brain injury.

My ophthalmologist was able to determine that my "blurry" eyesight and visual disorientation resulted from my brain's decreased processing speed -- i.e. there had been damage to the portion of the occipital cortex which integrates visual input. A good ophthalmologist should recognize that visual problems can be result from either vision problems (with the eye itself) or from neurological problems (optic nerve and occipital cortex).

I've heard vision therapy can help, but have yet to try it myself. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that it's not "in your head."
goodgrief20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote