View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In my opinion, you need to have a Neuro Psych Assessment. This will give you the understanding to inform your family so they do not try to fix you or push you. Pushing is counter to improvement. The brain is not like an injured muscle. You cannot push through.

You need to seriously slow down. I can see why you are struggling so. You are stressing your brain out. You are likely used to high achievement and your family is expecting it to continue. High achievers have the hardest time with mild cognitive impairment issues.

And, stop doing research. Your complaints sound like you are reading them from a web site list. Self-diagnosis of the various symptoms leads to over-diagnosis of many symptoms that are often minimal or overlooked. Yes, some are real physiologically caused but others are likely confusion that arises from the stress you are subjecting yourself to. Try to limit focused effort to 2 hours a day done in short 15 to 30 minute stints. You can't afford to push harder.

Dr Abram's concussion clinic may respond to a call. I doubt you will get to be seen by Dr Abrams without being seen by a staff resident first.

Many cognitive struggles are magnified by stress. I know this personally. I've lived with it for 50 years with a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Pushing causes brain clogs or brain freezes. Getting past them means letting go and slowing down. Slowing down means you get a chance to see how your brain performs in low stress. You many need months before you can start increasing your effort/stress levels.

I could write a book about my experiences with stress induce cognitive failures. I dropped out of honor program college because the stress was giving me such a wild ride.

I hope you can find the strength to slow down and get your family to give you a break.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
goodgrief20 (12-07-2016)