View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Kay, I remember taking my patch off when I went to bed so it wouldn't cause problems with sleeping, First thing in the morning tho; I would slap the patch on.

As I mentioned I continued using the patch fir at least a few weeks after the time I should have been done, I came to the conclusion I would do whatever I felt best for me.

I think the biggest that wore me down was having to travel on a plane with "no" cigarette. I was alone; I was meeting my friend in Vegas. I got so antsy, I felt like I was going to jump out of the plane. I felt I was enclosed inclosed in a rocket. I also no longer enjoyed going to a restaurant because :no Smoking; The worst part was when I had started on a new job, I only lasted a few days......"no Smoking; not even in the lounge , I realized how much this had controlled my life. It is sad because it is like you are loosing your best friend. I know it may seem silly to some; but it's true.

Gerry

I can really relate to those antsy feelings, even if you're just at a friend or relative's house, can't smoke, and don't want to be rude by stepping outside. It was really hard when they barred smoking in restaurants, and bars in particular. There are definitely fewer places where you can smoke now. You really can't smoke anywhere. We're looking to move and it will be almost impossible to find an apartment we can smoke in.

When I quit using Chantix it was because the hospital I was working at was going smoke-free and we couldn't even smoke in the garage anymore, so we quit as a group, which made it easier. We also had the support of some doctors who frequented our unit, and that didn't hurt either.

My anxiety is highest in the morning, so I have the habit of chain smoking despite 1mg of klonopin. Adjusting to the e-cigarette will be hardest then because it is heavy and I can't type with it in my hand.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-06-2016), Brokenfriend (12-06-2016), ger715 (12-06-2016), Mari (12-06-2016)