View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 12:05 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Goodgrief, sorry about your problems. It looks like your finding your way closer to solid ground in this discussion. I second Mark's Amen Clinic recommendation. Less to do with Daniel Amen and more to do with the SPECT scan/hyperbarrick oxygen combo. I've researched this treatment and it seems promising for cerebral blood flow rejuvenation.

Cerebral blood flow becomes restricted in targeted regions of the brain following TBIs and creates hyper and hypo-active regions measured in blood flow. This manifests in an endless array of symptoms depending on the particular brain structure affected. This is what the SPECT scan (interpretation) reveals. Hyperbarrick oxygen shows promise in correcting these areas. This, I believe is the basis of the Amen Clinic.

Another aspect of brain health that is highly neglected by conventional medicine is neurotransmitter balance. This work has been pioneered by Dr Eric Braverman (see: The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage: Eric R. Braverman M.D.: 978142722479: Books - Amazon.ca). He discusses balancing the 4 primary neurotransmitters (dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, gaba). If you consider your symptoms and the pharmaceuticals you're taking, they can all be linked back (in one way or another) to these 4 neurotransmitters.

I hate to throw large research projects out at you, I know what its like to go where doctors wont, all the while suffering from a brain injury. But knowledge is your most powerful tool for recovery. Knowledge, patience, persistence and belief will pull you out of hell and get you living again.
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
goodgrief20 (12-11-2016)