View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

GG,

A Neuro Psych Assessment will not really look at vision functions. You need a separate work-up for that. NORA Health Care Locator Custom can direct you to a clinician or just google behavioral optometry and your city. Neuro Ophthos can be helpful but Behavioral Optometrists can also be a big help and are often easier to get an appointment with.

I was not recommending Amen Clinics, just that it was a possibility. I have never heard that they do hyperbaric oxygen therapy. HBOT sounds good but the research has not proven that out. Many on NT have spent thousands on HBOT with no noticeable benefit. A few have benefited.

Quality sleep is the highest priority. The brain can only flush toxins during slow wave sleep.

One of the goals with the vitamin regimen is to help the brain properly balance the neurotransmitters. I take L-Theanine and 5-HTP to help with this area.

Keep in mind that the brain is highly suggestive. It can easily take on or magnify a symptom if that symptom has become a focus. That is why researching symptoms can be counter-productive. A symptom that is at a minor level can become more extreme by just focusing on it.

So, get the vitamins going. It takes weeks to see any improvement if not longer. Get the Neuro Psych Assessment. Get a Behavioral Optometric Assessment (Berkeley has a behavioral optometrist), slow down your life with a focus on reducing stress. AND, Try to learn to just go with the flow of how your brain is functioning. Don't fight against it or try to push through. Find something to keep you mind occupied that is not stressful.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote