View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 04:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have ACHR mg and I did Rituxan last year. I had my final of 4 treatments in April 2015 and they have been testing my blood quarterly since to see if I need additional treatments. My understanding of what Rituxan does (after talking to my neuro) is that is destroys the B cells which create the T cells that attack our muscle receptors. The Rituxan worked great for me. I have not to have any additional Rituxan treatments in the last 18 months and the level of the B cells in my blood has been very low or non-existent. My neuro says he had another patient who went 3 years between Rituxan treatments and he is very pleased with my results. I didn't have any side affects at all except that my hair (which was very thin after cyclophosphamide treatments the year before) started growing like crazy and got thicker that it has ever been in my life.

As far as other treatments for mg, I am on Imuran (200 mg) daily, mestinon timespan 180 at bedtime, and regular mestinon as needed during the day. On a bad day, I have to take 2-60 mg tablets. I am also taking 10 mg of prednisone every other day.

I still have double vision and general overall weakness. It definitely didn't cure the mg, but it certainly got me out of a bad spell and has kept it at bay for 18 months. If you have any other questions, just post them here and I'll try to answer.

Good luck!
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (12-08-2016)