View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 01:52 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Radiologists' readings of CT Scans are far superior to what a neurologist will see and report. A radiologist sees the scans requested by many neuros and knows when something that looks different is a problem or just a odd anatomy. A neuro does not see enough scans to have an opportunity to recognize the various odd anatomies.

In my opinion, your neuro erred by looking at the scan and commenting in front of you before reading the report. I think you may have set yourself up for this by providing the scan at the appointment rather than having it forwarded to the neuro and thus caught the neuro off guard. I try to make sure doctors have full access to any reports and images before an appointment.

Very few people (almost none) with prolonged symptoms have even the slightest indication of an injury on a CT Scan. There is no reason to doubt a negative CT Scan ( negative means no indications of a problem).

My brain scans show abnormal anatomy but none that are a concern or relate to my symptoms. My qEEG results show where my problems lie.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote