View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Major Stress - Looking for support and advice

Hi There

I want to wish everyone on here happy holidays and hope and healing to start, though I am having a rough time right now.

In the last few months I've lost 3 family members very close to me. I also had my work. comp. insurance company take an adversarial position in my case and that has gotten very stressful (people following me and video taping me among other things). Before this all started I began trying a hormone replacement therapy based on testing specific to TBI. I began to have a bad reaction to the therapy in the middle of all of this and had to stop it.

Now I am having a fallout from all of this stress, and I am experiencing things I haven't experienced since early on in my recovery. I'm an emotional mess, I'm nervous all the time and having panic attacks. My dizziness is really bad and I'm just exhausted all the time. I feel like I was making really good progress before all this and now I'm finding it hard to do even minor things throughout the day.

Some in my family want me to go on an SSRI to try and help. I am a bit reluctant, though I am unsure of what to do at this point.

Have you experienced something like this? How do you get through it when it is this bad? Will I get back to where I was before? I appreciate your help and support.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote