View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question New FDA approved BurstDR- SCS by St. Jude- Has anyone tried this yet?

Happy Holidays and Greetings to all.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had the chance to try the new BurstDR- SCS from St. Jude's. It was approved in October of 2016. I have CRPS of my left leg, abdomen and spine. I had always been hesitant to try out the SCS devices because I cannot tolerate any type of tingling/vibration sensations (it makes me nauseous). The new BurstDR cannot be felt. I just completed the trial and I believe it was a HUGE success. I was shocked and surprised at the outcome. I haven't been able to move my toes in years, walk without a cane/crutches, nor could tolerate anyone/thing touching my CRPS areas. With this device, I was able to function almost normally....almost 80%...and I have a torn labrum in my CRPS hip, which needs surgery. I can just imagine what it will be like after I have my hip repaired. My doctor even placed the leads to cover my rib cage pain. It was simply amazing.

Now the hard part, waiting for the actual surgery. And they are trying to determine what will be a better option for me...the leads or the paddles. I would prefer the paddles, as they are more stable and use less energy, but my PM was unsure if they could get the paddles maneuvered to cover my ribs. I am now in the wait and see period and lots of praying period.

I am very hopeful now about my future, as all other treatments, including almost 2 years of ketamine infusions and 7 day inpatient infusion, have failed.

I would like to hear if others have had luck with the BurstDR SCS.

Laurie
LovesTerriers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (12-12-2016)