View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 01:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is the device I have. I strap it on at night when my symptoms are bad, and I do think it brings some relief. It's not an end-all solution, but I do notice a decrease in the severity of my symptoms when I'm flaring badly. I feel like it's distracting my brain with the constant "nerve noise" it produces, and my brain turns its attention away from the neuropathy to process it.

It cycles on and off at night which I thought would wake me up, but it never has. You just have to get used to having it strapped on your leg.

The replacement pads are expensive, but you don't have to replace them as often as they recommend. You can put the gel on them to add to their life. Since I don't use it daily either, they last much longer than two weeks.

Because of the cost, maybe there's an el cheapo device that you could try to see if TENS brings any relief before investing in this one. I don't think you can sleep with them, but you could at least try it. I suspect TENS like any of the other alternative treatments available...it works for some, not for others. As much as I want it to make a difference, acupuncture has never made me feel any different at all. Some people swear by it. Go figure.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (12-11-2016), Sophie0513 (12-10-2016)