View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown I got terminated from work today

They said I was "unable to perform my duties"
This is a really hard blow! I've always been an Exceeds Requirements.
I knew I was about to get a bad review because of the medication and the poor attendance but I didn't expect to get terminated! WOW!

They were nice and gave me six months of medical benefits. I got six weeks pay. I've only been there one year. I'm pretty bummed out right now.

I just got that new car. Our lease expires next month and the kids are all getting their own places, which is a good thing for my stress. However, now I am going to have a hard time when applying for a place to live, not having a stable employment record!

Sure wish I had parents to run home to! Sure wish I had a husband or a boyfriend, or a big brother or sister to lean on. This is when it sucks to come from a home full of screw ups. They used to all come to me for help. So when it's my turn, I have no one to turn to.

So what about this disability thing? I've been thinking about that as an option. I know it's going to cut my income in half, but if I'm the only one I have to support, I can deal with it. I'll give up my new car I guess.
I can't be sure I can keep my attendance up at work. I miss at least two days a month due to this PN.

I'm just venting, and you guys are my sounding board. I sure wish I had a real person here to hug me.

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote