View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For me pd has been a bittersweet journey..It has certainly not only changed me physically, but metally and emotionally as well..It has changed my character, but mostly for the better..Like Greg, pd has certainly been a stop and smell the roses experience..I like that pd has taught me patience, because I had very little before..It has made me compassionate in a special way..It has made me review my life and has enabled me to make some positive changes..It has enhanced my spirituallity, and it has deepened my love and understanding of animals..With it comes a newfound wisdom of the way things are..But it all comes with a price..The downside is that I physically function at about 60% of my former self..I cant get through any given day without an afternoon nap because of the fatigue..I sometimes get frustrated when I drop things, spill stuff, cant pick up a piece of paper without a battle..Have difficulty getting objects in and out of my pockets, and sometimes it angers me..I find that it has caused me to isolate myself from alot of people, and have moments where I want to be in my own little world, without any committments to anyone..I have become very emotionally sensative, and get weepy over nothing sometimes..One of the reasons why I find myself isolating is because I have to move at my own speed physically and mentally..I can read only for short periods of time, and my memory is shot..I have difficulty expressing myself verbally because of the stuttering, and the mind being a step ahead of the mouth..I am however grateful for the things that I can still do..I can still walk, talk, drive, and go out in my boat a few times a week..It has really helped me look at whats good about my life, and I enjoy my life more now than I did when I was well..I am especially happy that I am better able to live for today rather than to keep looking at the road ahead of me, and the wrath that pd will eventually wield on me..And it has given me some great friendships that I otherwise would have never had