View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 02:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi DannyT,

I'm so sorry to hear about your prolonged suffering and struggles with lorazepam. I'd be curious to know a little more about your injury and where you are currently, if you are comfortable sharing.

I have seen the article you posted, but I have found many articles and textbooks suggesting that the benzodiazepines do cause further degeneration. This being said, it is important to remember what many on NT have written about letting go of damage done previously and factors over which we cannot change. For me, the question is of particular relevance as my mild PCS symptoms became steadily worse as I was taking the benzos (and wine for sleeping when not taking benzos). Seeing as this severe set of PCS symptoms and cognitive impairment has not abated months later after stopping the drugs and abstaining form any alcohol, I can only assume that the drugs caused subsequent brain damage. For example, prior to bento usage, I could read but had difficulty with concentration and more abstract concepts, then after a few weeks of bento usage, had increased difficulty reading, and finally, after two months of the benzos, find reading and putting together multiple concepts near impossible.

Sorry for the long paragraph, I do understand that my experience may be very different from yours and I appreciate your willingness to share your story. What has helped you? Have you seen any recovery?
goodgrief20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote