View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default At what point?

At what point does one change? Is the change judged by a qualitative measurement or a quantitative measurement. I mean, do we change into someone else after a certain percentage of the characteristics that define who we are change, or do we change after a certain quality of life is removed from us? Do we lose who we are completely, or are we melded together with a new us? Or does who we are just disappear one tiny bit at a time until there really is no us left...we become undefined...unrecognizeable.

I must admit that my mind thinks differently now than it once did, and as it recognizes the limited capabilities of its house, it makes adjustments that will allow the mind and body to continue to function together. With longevity this is sure to change with or without Parkinson's disease. One question is, which will lose functionality first, my mind or my body? Which would be worse, to be a mindless body or to be a bodiless mind. A thinking mind trapped inside a non-functioning body has got to be one of the most frustrating things I can think of. On the other hand, what would a functioning body do without a mind to guide it? Would the instinctive aspects of life take over and rule? I don't know.

michael?
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote