View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Terri:

I am so sorry. I was terminated once a long long time ago. I would not sleep with my boss and he fired me. I sued and won a discrimination law suit. But this was over 30 years ago. I feel for you. It's a real lousy feeling, I know.

Perhaps you can apply for Social Security Disability? It takes a while, but once you get approved, you get back benefits from when you first applied.

When you put yourself out for everybody else, you never get it back, but you do have the feeling that you did all you could for your family. Don't ever let anyone tell you different. You were there for them when they needed you.

Don't put all of this on all your shoulders. Tell family members that you have to watch your pennies for now. You can't worry about anybody else. You have to put yourself first THIS TIME!!!

You've done your job raising your family. Now it's time for YOU!!!

About your housing?? I don't know where you live, but if you go on disability, perhaps you can contact the Human Resources Association in your area??

It's just a thought. I know you feel lousy tonight. I just wanted to give you a hug. For some reason, the board won't let me insert a hug in this post.

So I'm sending warm thoughts your way.

Love, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote