View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 12:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Soph,

I can only report on CRPS and ketamine but owing to similarities between that and SFN I'm chiming in.

Ketamine is hopefully going to calm things down for you. Keep in mind it doesn't always work immediately for everyone. Some users on the CRPS forum have reported immediate relief. In others the pain relief was gradual. Mine falls more in that category, it wasn't earth shattering at first but the results seemed to build over time. This is what my doctor expected so I wasn't worried. I feel relief during the infusion but also things in my foot change for several days after. The cumulative effects took a while, it was several infusions down the line that I really started to improve.

Ketamine has a cascade of effects in that some of the "nerve talk" is altered at the spinal level a few days out according to studies. There are immediate and late effects as far as inflammation and cell signaling from what I've read. As long as you are tolerating the infusions, try to stick with them at least the first full week. If you tend towards nausea ask for the max amount of zofran added in. Take peaceful music with you and a soft blankie. If you are uncomfortable or things are too weird during your infusion they can slow down the drip for you.

I posted some time ago about my ketamine infusions on the CRPS board. Maybe it is time for an update. Hang in there ok? And if you aren't getting in a pool, see about access to one either through ordered aqua therapy or a local YMCA, community center or gym. I learned how to walk again in the pool because it was the only place I could comfortably do so. The buoyancy allowed me the motion of walking without the strain and being in the water has all kinds of circulation boosting effects. You'll be surprised what you can do in there that you can't do on land with hurting feet.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sophie0513 (12-13-2016)