View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i dont know what your husbands specifics are but in my case, i dont think i will be getting a raise for quite some time. With this increase im paying $113 a month. However, the actual rate for Medicare has gone to $134 a month. They have not been able to charge the previous two increases in Medicare to those receiving Social Security or SSDI because we have not gotten a raise in the previous two years. If there is no raise they dont charge you at that time for the raise in Medicare because your check cannot be decreased. If you get a small raise they take the whole thing,but they still dont take more than you originally were getting before the raise. So we actually have a deficit. What is happening now and will happen into the forseeable future is that any raise we get will be eaten up by our Medicare deficit, until you reach the minimum that Medicare charges. Of course in the meantime Medicare will continue to go up, so I'm starting to wonder if or when we will really get a raise at all. The reason we are in the predicament is because of all of the years of zero % raises we have gotten in the last decade because of how they calculate the COLA.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote