View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 05:10 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Thanks BirdOntheWire

Hi BirdOntheWire,

Thanks for sharing your experience...it is eery how closely it aligns with mine. It is tremendously helpful to hear of similar experiences, particularly when the existing literature is too scant and dependent upon animal studies to have made its way into most neurologists/psychiatrists' offices. I do have a few questions, if you don't mind..

First, you mention that in the period right after your concussion, you were able to continue mostly as normal? I am curious as to the extent of your original injury prior to the temazepam usage, because you said you "didn't notice any major changes right after the injury." From what you say, it sounds like things went progressively downhill -- dramatically -- and quickly after a few weeks of the temazepam usage. How would you say you are doing now? Did any of the general confusion, difficulty with reading and comprehension and memory problems lift once you got out of the awful benzo withdrawal? I know I was only on the benzos for two months (and, like you, drinking during some of that time), but I wonder if some of what I"m feeling is withdrawal, though, as I'm two months free of benzos now, likely not.

Secondly, how are you doing now? I'm so sorry to hear that these symptoms have been plaguing you for a decade now, even after the benzo withdrawal. Were there any stages at which you felt improvement or have things remained mostly stagnant beyond the intervention from visual therapy and some neurofeedback? What happened to you after your sophomore year of college?

I would love to hear more about the supplements you are taking/any other details of your story/advice you feel like sharing. I started Mark's regimen of B12 and curcumin with some D and E vitamins about a week ago, but am open to additional recommendations. Also somewhat curious (though I know that each injury is different) as to how things have unfolded for you. What sorts of doctors have you seen? Have you had any concrete diagnosis that might help you access resources for rehabilitation or disability? How has your family/friends responded?

I am hoping that you are feeling somewhat better...I feel for you tremendously and hope that your decade of suffering will soon be somewhat alleviated.
goodgrief20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote