View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Confused Possible simple partial seizure after mTBI and post concussion syndrome?

Hi everyone

I've had odd neurological cognitive moments since my post concussion syndrome last year, although everything improved massively compared to what it was, so I shouldn't complain too much.

Cognitively I am better than before, but I still get moments like today when I'm given a work project and find it hard to come up with the inspiration and lack any enthusiasm or motivation whatsoever with it. Also finding that my 'acquired dyslexia' still pops up every now and again doesn't help.

Something that was odd that happened made me think that it could have been 'seizure-like', although it also possibly could have been related to me just waking up.

The other day I also had the most odd sensation upon waking up - like I literally couldn't remember anything about the whole wordl/facts about life/who I am etc and that my mind was literally 'stuck' and when I tried to think, it was like the thoughts were stuck and there was just blankness. Very scary and odd.

At other times, especially trying to get to sleep and mostly when I'm tired, I also get the strangest sensations about my different body parts and their orientation to the other body parts - like my brain can't think of the position of my foot at the same time as feeling the sensation of my head.

I can't explain what I mean very well, so sorry if it doesn't make any sense. :-(

Does anyone else ever get any of these? The mind blank and amnesia moment was particularly odd and scary.

My tardive dyskinesia after just a week on first gen antipyschotics last year (LUCKY ME!) doesn't help either... I certainly don't want anything else neurological-related like epilepsy, as I've had pretty much all I can take so far that has gone wrong with my brain... :-(
NooNooHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote