View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 10:24 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Unable to get diagnosis, assuming TOS?

Apologize for the long post, but needed a place to lay this all out after a year and lots of $$$ spent to no avail. Quick background: I've been an avid weightlifter and runner for 10 years, while also participating in sports from a young age. 30s now. Have spent all of my career at desk/computer. I'm assuming at this point I have nTOS and/or some other compression in the shoulder area. Below is the progression of my symptoms.

Jan 2015 - deep, non specific shoulder ache in brachial / trap / rotator cuff / collarbone area. Progressively worse over next month. Stopped lifting overhead, did rotator cuff rehab per ortho.

MRI shoulder results negative, slight ac joint atrophy. X-rays negative. Diagnosed with shoulder bursitis.

Next 6 months - Pain lifting arm up/overhead in brachial area. Deltoid/triceps twitching. Neck pain. Deep shoulder blade pain. Light pinky numbness.

Sep 16, very painful and numb pinky, partial ring. Burning palm, hand. Hard to type or sit. Intermittent cold hand. Deep shoulder blade, brachial, and collar bone pain. Heavy/weak arm feeling. Quit working out, stopped running. Wrapped elbow in towel at night. No leaning on elbow. Saw GP, ordered cervical MRI which came back negative. Referred to neurologist who ordered EMG.

EMG showed no ulnar sensory response at wrist, might(?) be elbow. Everything else normal.

Now: slight pinky numbness, deep shoulder ache after sitting at computer, collar bone/brachial area tightness and pain. Light throbbing arm pain. Stinger/bruiser feeling when reaching out. Heavy/weak arm feeling. Hand tingling when pinching shoulder blades together/down. PT for 1 month but not much improvement.

Neuro has now ordered an elbow MRI with contrast, and if negative, a plexus MRI. Would it be worth it at this point to see a vascular surgeon for a second opinion on TOS? The physios thought it was, but the neurologist mentioned that was "reaching". Thoughts, help??
Itsamario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote