View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How Sad To Read Your Posts

I could have wept when I read your posts here at this thread. As you may or not recall, I do not have PD...but, I am the carepartner of one who IS afflicted with this dreaded demon disease. No...I do NOT "walk in your shoes" so that I cannot fully understand how it must feel to have lost so much...BUT, I walk beside my pwp every single day...watching her "walk in your shoes"and it has saddened me to watch her change "right before my eyes". I want to say...as I read your posts...I noted a common thread woven throughout each of your messages, i.e., that you seem to have become better human beings as a result of having had PD...that you've come to understand what really IS important in life and isn't that ultimately the most important thing for all of us on our life's journey? Yes...you have lost the ability to do what you once were able to do...you have lost the ability to "be" what you once were...but, in the grand scheme of things, I wonder if your lives aren't better in that you have evolved as better human beings? I realize that you could be reading this and thinking that I have no idea how you suffer....and even that I have no right to say what I've said...but, it is as I feel. I see in all of you the kind of person I would like to be...you are an example for me to follow. You have provided a way for me to attempt to be the best human being that I can be...and I've said this to all of you in the past...but, it bears repeating...I admire so much your strength and courage. No...I do NOT "walk in your shoes"...but, remember...I walk quite closely with one who does...and I need all of you to help me on this journey with her.

Blessings to all...
Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote