View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 03:08 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Cool Introduction to Gabapentin can also cause harm

I wish I had been given full disclosure on my RX receipt. There was no warning that it could cause permanent harm. How difficult would it be for a prescribing doctor to print out a side effect sheet? I was too trusting, but Gabapentin doesn't even take your weight into consideration. One size fits all, at 300 mg, t.i.d. I failed on the 2nd consecutive dose, and developed a sudden onset of a movement disorder. - Where are the post-marketing side effects? Five years too late I searched and found them on **. "Gabapentin Side Effects- In Detail. Scan down to "For Healthcare Professionals" In the Nervous System section, are the Rare side effects. They claim only 0.1% which = 10,000 per million will develop Movement Disorders, (e.g., Choreoathetosis, dyskinesia, Dystonia.) Ataxia is at 13%. An older neurologist used those terms, plus described my right hand as being hyperextended in an ulnar fashion. Basically my right thumb pulled stiffly over my palm, and my middle finger joints didn't take long to bend backwards. If you find this difficult to believe, I posted several videos on ** under a nickname, "koolhand Boshie." which explains what happened in my brain to make me look abnormal. I also found a group that was answering a lady who wanted to know if anyone else had developed tics in their face and arms. I think it happens more often than they claim, especially at higher doses. Thanks for reading my post.
Ruth Jerks a Lot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote