View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 04:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wide O you are an inspiration. DB asks me now each month have you posted. I'm so sorry about your friend, the consequences of alcohol abuse remain an unsold message. I wish education were better, we educate now on ICE & other drugs but alcohol in the education system is still often seen as the dodgy uncle or aunt who can't hold their booze and remains widely encouraged particularly in the hot summer festive season.
I read somewhere they are planning on banning alcohol adverts. I hope so, DB used to say in early recovery reminders are everywhere, bulletin boards, page after page in newspapers, on the radio, the TV and even big signs over the motorways and freeways.
Survivors guilt, that's harsh to deal with, there but for the grace of god go I. You hang on to being a survivor, remember you worked hard to get to where you are when it's so much easier not to choose survival. I'm sure your friend even in his last days is proud to know your hanging in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
1645 days, or halfway the 5th year.
Had some truly bad news from friends, showing once again how horrible the consequences of alcohol abuse can be. Sometimes you even get a bit of survivors guilt - even though you can never be sure you'll stay a survivor.
But I'm gonna do my darnedest.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 12-16-2016 at 03:47 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (12-15-2016), Wide-O (12-15-2016)