View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

No it is not SSI,
SSDI Based on not her own work history, but her fathers.
We applied as a child at 2008 but we earned to much.
Her dad retired 20010 and she was collecting on his benefits until she graduated (2014) unrelated to her disability.
She was receiving medicade for her disability, no food stamps, no cash as she lived with us and even at 21 our income was used, even though we are on social security.

When she would be graduating high school, we were told to apply for disability as a child under 22. We did, and were denied at first, but over 3 years later after she was 21 she was awarded SSDI disability as a child based on her dad's earnings.

Jo, even though she is now 21, she was disabled before 22, they deemed back in 2008 in grade school was the disability start date.

She is 21 now, never was able to go to a reg school after 2008, never drove, worked, or had social life due to the disability. But the way I am reading, even thought she received a favorable award, if she marry's she will lose it...I am so confused.

We are into our 60's what if she meets a friend and they want to marry, will that stop her income, surely she could possible improve as she gets older, but we can't predict that. Even if she does, it may be a menial job to just be not around the public or from home.

I am concerned. Maybe I can get a call into the attorney, I know he use to work for social security. Let you know if I do get an answer. If I call Soc Sec I am on hold 1 1/2 hrs and if I call three times get three answers.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mz Migraine (12-16-2016)