View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 01:50 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply!

I've experienced primarily short-term memory problems and problems with 'deep' (?) reasoning, things like visualizing images, seeing a few moves ahead in chess, etc--and feeling like there's a sense that I'm less smart than I used to be, although it's hard to exactly pinpoint. The memory problems, and everything else to be honest, seem to be improving with time; 1 month after injury, I couldn't read more than a page without headache and a certain degree of dyslexia setting in!

There is also quasi-permanent headache and ringing ears which worsen as I do mentally intense tasks or go for a drive.

To your second question, I was extremely worried about recovering all my mental faculties, perhaps obsessively so. I have actually noticed a decrease in physical symptoms following my meeting with the neurologist, and I do feel calmer.

Do you have any experience with this kind of thing? I've seen in some of your other posts you mention it's good to avoid stress following concussion; is that permanent advice or only during the recovery period?

Thanks!
The_Cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote