Thread: Food Problems
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I suspect you are reacting to additives in your meat.

Most food intolerances or allergies have a component of rash/hives/bloating/diarrhea/or vomiting.

However, monosodium glutamate (MSG) is added to many foods, and especially Chinese entrees and Asian food in general. MSG causes many neurological reactions as you describe. Almost all restaurant food and processed food have it. One has to learn to read labels carefully before preparing any food at home. Soups, and stews often have MSG in them. Chips and snacks and seasonings also often have MSG. Lays does have a few MSG free products, but you have to read labels to find them. This link gives also the 40 or so OTHER names MSG goes by:

Recognizing or diagnosing MSG induced adverse reactions

There are other additives where meat is concerned... mostly preservatives of some kind.

I'd Google around if I were you, and look for other offenders added to meats or found in restaurants.
Good idea. Thanks for the list! My hubby had a reaction to MSG at one point but seemed to get over it. He has no problem now. Worth checking into and experimenting to see if that's the cause.

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote