View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 05:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

It sounds like you are telling me that for a period after concussion, familiar tasks need to be relearned. The best thing to do is not push it too hard and try to make some progress at a reasonable pace? I'm starting university in 1 year, so I will no doubt have learned these lessons by then!

I can relate to what you said (although of course, I imagine to a much lesser extent) about things getting 'tighter' the more you push them; it was difficult to 'let go' in the beginning, but I think I may have finally learned the importance of this.

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer, it's very helpful to hear from someone who has been through the whole process, as I've found as I personally progress through it, many of my initial reactions/preoccupations were not what would lead to the best progression.

I would just also like to ask you, when you say "new ways to access that intelligence", will that ultimately entail really truly regaining my full prior mental capacities? I really don't mean to say this in a pretentious way at all, but I was objectively quite gifted in that regard, and this is something that has caused me a lot of worry as I will soon be entering a very challenging program at university.

Thank you for your help.
The_Cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote