View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I suggest you not plan on regaining your full capability and learn a less intense life. Not because of any projection that you won't, but because most of the high performing, high intelligence people I have observed end up burning out, either emotionally, relationally, or otherwise. It also sets one up for hard falls every time there is a hick-up in achievement.

Most people I know or have known who build their lives around high achievement and intellect end up becoming jerks or at the minimum, dysfunctional in some areas of their life. Many have developed bi-polar struggles.

You will likely experience some roller coaster rides down the road as stress impacts people with a concussion history much more than than it does the rest of the population. The down cycles can make life miserable as the search for blame impacts those around us.

There is a rule about carrying a heavy load. Never carry a heavy load in such a way that if a single part of the load carrying system fails, the whole load is dropped. If it takes 3 to carry a load, use 4. If 1 fails, the other 3 can still carry the load.

If you have to perform at 98% all the time and 90% causes a failure, you are dooming yourself for a rocky ride. With PCS, we should plan to have those down cycles even when we are recovered.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote