View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I should be having Ketamine treatments for SFN in the next 2 to 4 weeks. I will post my results as a thread.

One user said he uses it for CRPS and is happy with the results. If the literature on Ketamine infusions is to be believed, it can have long term affects on reducing pain for any type of nerve pain. Since it is systemic, it should help CRPS, Fibromyalgia and even those poor sufferers who have said they have full body neuropathy.

Of course it is rarely, if ever, covered by insurance. From what I have seen, the cost per treatment (IV Infusion) varies from $400 to $2000 each, and you will probably need 5 treatments to start followed at least one booster every 3 months or. To that you have to add the cost of travel, unless you are lucky enough to live near a clinic.

The clinic will probably be Ketamine only, but msu also use it to treat other conditions, most often PTSD or depression which has not been successfully treated by any of the standard anti-depressants. Supposedly, it can have a very quick and long lasting effect, not just the euphoria of the drug itself while you take it. (Abusers on the street called it Special K).
StevenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (12-17-2016), Sophie0513 (12-17-2016)