View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Post Surgery with Dr. Thompson

I am currently in the Barnes Jewish Hospital from the 3rd surgery on my left side 12/13/16 by Dr. Thompson at the Barnes Jewish Hospital.

I will give you an history of all my surgeries on my left side.
Left 1st rib removed 2007 and was back to hurting 6 months later.

left minor pectoral muscle detached 201 and the pain started again after 3-4 months
Dr. Thompson's surgery team said that they removed alot of scar tissue from my left side. Due to all the scar tissue from the last 2 surgeries, I developed a lymphatic leak, and instead of getting out of the hospital 3-4 days after the surgery, I am still in the hospital 6 days later. I have been on nothing by mouth most of the time, except when they tried to get me back on clear fluids, Wednesday. When they tried to get me on clear fluids the drain that they had put in after surgery to help the surgery would to heal, started leaking Lymphatic fluids at a rate of 1440cc a day. They were worried about giving me to much fluids, since my body could not process the fluids that fast and it would start building up on my heart and lungs.

They have me back on clear fluids and so far the drain is not filling up fast. This is good since if it was, they would have to perform surgery again to stop the leaking lypmh node.

It is to early to see if my TOS symptoms are better, but I hope that they will be.
moltra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (12-18-2016)