View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 06:22 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
I have already answered some of this. No, it is not covered by my insurance. Yours may be different but I doubt it. What I have done so far is filled out some forms on their web site and sent them a copy of my diagnosis, in my case, from a pain clinic.

After reviewing my documents they had me fill out an online psych evaluation. It seemed like 200 or more multiple choice questions, often asking the same thing several times: Do I hear voices telling me to do things, do my friends tell me I have problems with drugs or alcohol, are people out to get me, etc. I have also paid $100 for a final evaluation and consultation prior to treatment. That should be on Monday via Skype so I don't have to drive up for it.

I should know a lot more on Monday, including when I might start the infusions. The place I am using is the Ketamine Wellness Clinic in Mesa, AZ. It is the closest to me (a 2 hour drive) and far cheaper than a similar clinic in LA I contacted first. The number of treatments can vary by the person and progression of the disease, but at this clinic, I believe their standard protocol is to give 3 initial treatments over 3 days. If successful, I think they will follow up with 2 more treatments 2 weeks later. After that, it is on an as needed basis with the length between treatments hopefully growing to 3 months or more. The clinic charges a fee of $750 per treatment for pain. $750 per 3 months is far less than the cost of Lyrica but, of course, most insurance would pay part of the cost for the Lyrica.

But, as I said in the earlier, note, I should know more on Monday and I will post my results, whether good or bad, once I complete treatments.
Thank you Steven! Keep us posted!! I just started the required cardio requirements..I had an EKG and a halter monitor..next will be an echo cardiogram of my heart and a tilt tablet test. Also I have to get a psych evaluation. My treatments most likely won't start until March!! I will probably post my experiences as well.
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (12-20-2016)