View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 02:03 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Red face New Here, Hoping for Advice and Encouragment

Hello, I'm new here and not completely sure of the proper format, so please correct me kindly if things aren't perfect.

My accident: I was riding my horse, wearing a high quality helmet, at a show, he bolted, long story short my head hit a heavy, old, steel corral pipe at a full gallop, was unconcious immediately, barely remember anything before r during the accident. All bits and pieces still, and this happened early May. Went to the hospital, ended up with four skull fractures, a busted ear drum, and a messed up neck. Told me I had TBI, and PCS. I wore a neck brace for months.

So, I am now okay-ish, I guess. Haven't recieved much help from any nuerologists we've been to, and we've seen a lot.

I get headaches every day, all day, and they are increasing in pain and intensity. I did have chronic headaches and migraines before the accident, but they have become different and much worse.

Currently the only thing that gives me any relief is chiropractics, and a dark room with an ice pack. Also have had some success with supplements and essential oils.

Basically, the doctors told me I should never ride horses again, which is like telling me to never breath again, but I understand why and am coping with the loss of my beloved sport and my best friend who landed me in the hospital.

I was hoping you all might have some suggestions regarding alternative therapies, how to find a good nuerologist, how to deal with the aftermath, how to deal with side effects (i.e. memory loss, balance issues, mental health issues, etc.), and how to emotionally pull through this.

Thank you so much, and I appreciate that there is a community to discuss this in.
CowboysKat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote