Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I wouldn't benefit from the evaluation from the insurance company because I'm managing the issues they're looking at well on my own right now. If that changes, and it could, my PCP could request a case manager for me.

I worked as a home health aid in my state for several years, and I know that to qualify for services (like food shopping, laundry, and cleaning), you have to be home-bound and they almost always disqualify you if you live with an able-bodied person who can provide the services for you (even if they should but don't). The cost of services is also based on your income. If I was able to get services, they would be very expensive.

I know you guys want to help :group hug:
Things are hard, but I'm tough. I just *****.

I have the appointment with the neuro today. I have to jot down some notes, and hope I don't forget anything. I think I saw him 3 months ago? I know there have been recent changes (I have to read this thread to find out when they started tho), but I don't remember how ****ty I was doing the last time I saw him for comparison… obviously ****ty, but I have absolutely no sense of time. I guess I'll let him figure it out.

We are doing a little bit better financially right now thanks to my husband's Christmas bonus, a couple of his good paychecks, and a surprisingly generous Christmas check from my father (I didn't even get a card last year)

We need to save more money before we move though. First, last, and security adds up, and we have to have enough left in savings to be comfortable after all is said and done. We need to sit on this money and pretend we don't have it, and work on some of the things I came up with to put away some more.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-21-2016), Mari (12-21-2016), mymorgy (12-21-2016)