Thread: Cmt
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 06:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Cmt

There have been occasions where I've thought about the genetic disease charcot Marie tooth as the cause of my symptoms. The variant CMT2 is axonal so wouldn't necessarily show on a nerve conduction test. (mine are always clear). I've got hell fire sensory symptoms for sure and I have what I believe are motor nerve symptoms and hunting for the 'proof'. The reason I thought about it more is because my mum and her side of the family have hammer horror feet! It was always a joke that the family on that side had hammer time toes. But when I saw that some of the manifestations can be hammer feet I have sometimes worried that is the cause, that possibly my mum was a carrier (no one else has nerve or muscle symptoms like me, only the hammer toe look). I understand from reading that it's not easy to diagnosis cmt as there are numerous genes involved.
Does anyone here have a diagnosis of Cmt type 2- also referred to as hereditary sensory and motor neuropathy. I believe this type is only axonal as opposed to demylinating.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote