Old 12-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurchy22 View Post
Hi Purplefoot,

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I'm located in the US and the HF10 was just approved this year (as was DRG). My CRPS has gotten so much worse in the last ten months and injections are no longer providing much relief. The side effects from the meds (Methadone) are so severe that I really need to do anything possible to minimize the dosage. If the SCS will allow me to cut it in half like during the trial then it will totally be worthwhile.

I'm a little concerned about the procedure as even before I started this journey we had problems with pain control after my initial injury. Pain meds just aren't very effective for me. It has gotten to the point that the anesthesiologist has to knock me out with Ketamine after my last few surgeries because the iv pain meds don't do much. The SCS surgery here is done outpatient and I'm worried that I will be in agony when the surgical anesthetic wears off. Anyone here have the procedure go well and able to share their thoughts on how painful it is?

Thanks!
When I had my Nevro SCS implanted it was outpatient as well. I went in 1st thing in the morning and I was home by early afternoon. Ice packs for a few days and Oxy for the first day and ibubrophen after that.
repyns is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (12-24-2016)