Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Bobby, Close to 90% of people with MS have relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS). When people talk about "MS" that is almost always what they are referring to. I have progressive-relapsing MS (PRMS), which is rare (about 5%). I've also been diagnosed as primary progressive (PPMS, about 10% of people with MS). There is some dispute now as to whether or not PRMS and PPMS are separate diseases or not though. Almost all the research money goes into treating RRMS because it is the most common form of the disease, and the mainstream meds aren't effective in treating progressive disease. I tried for years though.

When I got my forearm crutches 2 years ago, I got youth cuffs because my arms are skinny and I didn't like the feeling of them rolling around. I went out with one yesterday and my arm was in a fixed position that does NOT work well with how I walk now. So, I went online and bought adult-sized cuffs when I got home. I was surprised they were only $18 each. I bought an open and a closed one and will see which one I prefer. I got an email saying they shipped yesterday. I will stick to the cane until they arrive. It's hard enough to walk right now as is.

I got my food shopping out of the way yesterday. I didn't bring in one bag, and my husband didn't call me to help with the door because he didn't want me to have to go out (that's something positive ).
I have to pick up a package that was signed for at the office while I was out, and make a quick trip to the pharmacy today, but then I won't have to go out for several days. I do a hell of a lot better navigating the apartment than I do the world outside, and it will be good for me to forget how bad my gait has gotten for a little while. I hope it will help me focus less on the MS issue in general.

I need to vacuum today, and I'd like to make cookies if I feel up to it. There are other things I can do to occupy my time, as today is a good day to distract myself, but not to the point where I exhaust myself.

As far as the anniversary goes, I am doing well. I am aware of it, but there is a big brick wall up. There are zero thoughts or emotions beyond that awareness right now. Denial is ****ing awesome!!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2017), Dmom3005 (12-27-2016), Mari (12-24-2016), mymorgy (12-23-2016)