View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
National Parkinson Foundation Parkinson.org has a forum for DBS.

Thankfully in Austin, TX we have a "DBS support group" that meets monthly. Went last week, small turn out due to Holidays but glad I went.

Six weeks out after surgery. Honeymoon period has warn off, adjusting to the new me. Left hand ZERO tremor, right hand is very stable tremor at times.

Dystonia no longer an issue. Have not had any foot dragging or freezing (!!!). I can button a dress shirt on a bad day.

Currently at much reduced medication. My "on/off" transition is very mild (amazing).

Long journey to go, so far all it good. I was feeling too good and returned to exercising too soon. Brain swelling is real, so take it easy for six to eight weeks after brain surgery.
I'm 12 days post Stage III surgery (Vanderbilt ) with a couple questions. I was warned about stiffness in the neck but this feels worse than I thought might hit me. So, has anyone else experienced a stiff and tight neck after neurotransmitter insertion, from the extension lead having scar tissue build around it? I move my neck around frequently. When I get up I can turn my neck a full 90 degrees to the right, but to the left I might be able to get 60. What did you do? What was your outcome (positive I hope)? Sent surgeon pics, he thought it would resolve itself basically but repeat pictures next week.
Thoughts? Comments?
Merry Christmas from the hills of East Tennessee!
ScottSuff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TryingMyBest (12-30-2016)