View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default sativa,iindica, CBD??

>"sooooo when stressed serotonin rises and dopamine falls, as I chill the reverse happens" - Niggs

Nigel, as I was meditating on your message what came up was the question of whether you have tried different strains of medical marijuana....found this in a conversation:

"The anti-depressant and intoxicating effects of cannabis are due to its chemical similarity to natural substances in the brain known as ‘endo-cannabinoids,’ which are released under conditions of high stress or pain . These receptors could have a direct effect on the cells producing serotonin.

Some study conducted of rats tend to demonstrate that low doses of Cannabis will raise the level of serotonin in the brain (not the production)

However, the same study show that too much Cannabis will have a dramatic and opposite effect, lowering the soerotonin levels much lower than the control group"-

Cannabis and Serotonin

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Styles developed by vBStyles.com

I really empathize with your stress issue remembering giving birth to my second son-he had the cord wrapped around his neck and the stress was worse than the pain....thank the heavens you have some venues for relief! Perhaps a higher dosage of 5htp or st johns wort might also effect a lowering of seratonin if you took more rather than less tho it would be counterintuitive given your sensitivity.

Kind regards,
MD

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 12-24-2016 at 06:39 PM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote