View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 01:34 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Attention problems caused by TBI, ADHD or childhood abuse?

Hello, since childhood I had often problems keeping focus, forgetting things, having brainfog, unable to normally socialize, missing to hear details in conversations. I also often lacked motivation to complete important tasks but love doing things that give a lot stimulation such as playing video games. I'm have very little social life and very introverted, in fact I have little friends and still can't get girlfriend being 27. These problems caused me a lot of suffering, desperation.
After failure in job and near risk of getting fired I started visiting psychologist and psychiatrist. Also I was directed to go to neurologist as I had TBI and doctor thinks maybe pressure is problem. Psychologist found that I have incoherent attention, good long term memory but poor short term. He also thinks that my could have been caused by childhood abuse as my family was for decades terrorized by violent alcoholic father as well abuse in school. I also do had anxiety and depression but I learned to deal with that myself since nobody would help.

At mid of age 6 I had injury to skull with piece of tile falling from roof. I still remember bloody hands but surprisingly even I felt almost no pain and fully conscious. Now I feel 4x2cm depression in place a bit to front left from anterior fontanelle (they removed bone fragment and replaced with titanium plate?). I do have minor headaches and in are where is dent.
I'm curious how could have been severe TBI in my case
avalon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote