View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 08:55 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Gamma globulin/hypogammaglobulinemia

Recent bloodwork showed that my Gamma Globulin was 0.6L (range is 0.8-1.7 g/dl) consistent with hypogammaglobulinemia.

I have some questions related to this and I am hoping that someone can give some guidance :

1. Could this be the possible underlying cause to my rapidly developing neuropathy symptoms? (I did do an internet search of this and well I didn't understand what I was reading)

2. My pain started in my feet (early October) and has since progressed to full body burning. Originally, my podiatrist diagnosed RSD/CRPS and than sent me to a pain management doctor who also diagnosed RSD/CRPS. In mid November when the pain spread from my feet to my upper body and my PM doctor said that wasn't possible, I went to a neurologist in Philadelphia who specialized in CRPS and he said he suspected small fiber neuropathy and ordered bloodwork and a skin biopsy. I would like to stay with this neurologist however he is two hours from where I live. I would like to find a doctor closer in distance.
Should I go back to my primary/what type of doctor should I go to or do I need multiple doctors (neurologist/rheumatologist)?

Just not sure what to do and any guidance or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you
Sophie0513 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (12-27-2016)