Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

My husband hates this apartment, and while I'm sure he would like to move, I think he is less motivated now because he isn't as angry now that the bathroom ceiling is done. I'm sure that moving during the winter isn't appealing, but we would need to give 60 days notice, which would mean if we gave notice now, we would be moving in March.

Yesterday I told him that it is even harder for me to get in and out of the apartment now, and asked how much money he wants to save before we move. His only response was, "more." I told him I wanted him to think of a specific number, but I didn't follow up on that later in the day.

I think you are right, Mari. I think I'm letting him bury his head in the sand to my own detriment by not being more open and direct, but that doesn't mean that strategy will do me any good with him.

I'll tell him today that I NEED to move out of here as soon as possible because it's such a struggle for me to get in and out of the apartment, point out that we'll be stuck here until at least March, and tell him I need him to come up with a target number. I wish I could tell/ask him to work more, at least temporarily, because we could save money much faster, but he hates his job, and does NOT like to be told what to do.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2017), Dmom3005 (12-30-2016), Mari (12-28-2016), mymorgy (12-28-2016)