View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesking View Post
You know, I think what Soccertese stated is absolutely correct.

Not sure why it didn't occur to me earlier, until I saw his Post.

Thanks!!!!!

just think about how little l-dopa your brain really needs. 18mg of long lasting requip is all you need, and i''m assuming there's a 1:1 equivalence between requip and l-dopa, i.e. only 1 molecule per dopamine receptor. so if your're at the point where your brain isn't manufacturing or storing l-dopa, you need a constant tiny supply getting to your brain. if you take too much you'll get dyskinesias so you take just enough l-dopa and it doesn't take much protein to interfere with this delicate balance. so the strategies have been eat too much protein and deal with the inevitable OFF's, i can be off for 4 hrs if i lose self control and eat a can of tuna fish. another is to eat very small amounts of protein and another of course is to eat more protein in the evening when being off isn't fun but manageable.
i have tried this and it has worked at time, if you know in advance when you are going to eat take more C/L 20MIN before you eat, starting with 50mg and advancing no more than to 150mg if 50mg or 100mg doesn't work. of course you have to be careful. you basically want to get a C/L headstart over the amino acids you are ingesting. if you couldn't take the extra C/L before you eat, then you can still take it within 2hrs after you eat. just a thought.

i can eat a meal of 3/4 cup of brown rice, 1.5 cups of mixed vegetables which can contain some legumes, i use frozen vegetables so the protein content is on the package, and add whatever protein i want to to get to 4grams of protein and this doesn't interfere. pretty boring. i do suffer thru many offs because i'm hungry!

i have friends with DBS who i watch in disbelief/envy eat a turkey sandwhich and have no off's.

me thinks you'll just have to bite the bullet, find out how much protein you can eat at 1 sitting and adapt recipes. i'll post a link to a site offering meals for pd'ers later.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeffreyn (12-29-2016), ScottSuff (12-28-2016)