View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 10:06 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

That makes sense. Do you know of any way to determine whether the PCS is related to blood flow problems?

For me, my worst symptom is probably short-term memory; as soon as there's a distraction, I'm almost certain to lose my train of thought entirely. That seems to go with problems in remembering many things at once, thinking about multiple ideas, remembering sequences, muti-tasking, etc. I haven't pushed myself to my limits in terms of trying to see how much I can memorize or anything like that, these are just observations in daily life.

There has been lots of improvement in this over the past few months to get to this point, however; in the first few months I would routinely find myself in a room or opening the fridge, having forgotten what I had planned on doing. Things like that have improved steadily, and now I would say what I notice most frequently is losing my train of thought mid-conversation. Some friends have told me that memory is the slowest function to be regained; do you know if there is any truth to that?

In terms of HBOT, I didn't really have any symptoms in mind that I wanted it to treat; I'm just trying to see if there exist any therapies that can help the brain recover as a whole and possibly even undo any damage done. I'm not considering doing anything rash, though, I do understand that I'm relatively early on in the natural recovery process and that I should get better given more time. It really feels like the more I look into how these things work, the less I understand about them, to tell you the truth.
The_Cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote