View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Anyone dealt with a compulsive liar???

I know this isn't particularly the place for this, but I am at the end of my rope with my step-daughter. Her lies are completely out of control and she is just keeping me stressed out 24/7. She's back to living with us after getting kicked out of my friend's house for not paying rent in the 8 months she lived there where it's not just the rent money but she ran up the electric bill that he was paying, he was paying for her internet too though he cut that off after 6 months. And worse of all she had 2 friggin' roommates that she charged rent, swore they didn't pay her rent, both girls she was living with I know and both showed where they had paid her rent.

I don't know if she's working or not working right now, there's no telling since on several occasions we have watched the DGD for her to work and yet have run into her out in town clearly not working. And she never seems to know when she has to go to work, supposedly has gotten her first paycheck yet, but if you ask her to do something then suddenly she has to go to work. And even though it's a computer repair shop that closes at 6pm she won't come home until midnight or later.

She's "borrowing" some guy's truck and driving around at least 2 other "boyfriends", the ninth and tenth that I know about of love of her life's in the past 15 months since she moved to GA. I just have visions of her ending up shot on the roadside, from these guys that she knows nothing about but this one and that one and of course this guy too and that guy as well are all the loves of her life. I mean we live in a military town, she knows nothing about all these guys but 10 to 1 they know about each other and one of them is likely to take exception to being slept around on, like the one whose deployed for the next 3-6 months and is letting her drive his $40K truck to chauffer the rest of her boy toys around in.

But it's not just the big things that she lies about, I swear if I asked her to look outside and tell me what color the sky was today she'd come back with green. But unlike a pathological liar, she can't even keep her lies straight!!! Her story changes more often than a flea hops. So it's not even as though she doesn't know she's lying. She refuses to go to counselling for it, and I can't even manage to drag her down to the church.

I just don't know what to do anymore but it's reaching a point where I just can't deal with her any longer. I am ready to kick her out of the house, but there's still the grandkids to consider at least until the DGD's father gets off his duff and gets full custody of his daughter. Which sad as it is, I advised him to do, and worse of all even gave him the number for DFCS so he can get a copy of the reports that have been made against her along with her non-compliance with her ordered parenting classes and home visits.

I mean seriously what do I do????????
ger715 (12-29-2016), Kitty (12-29-2016), St George 2013 (12-30-2016)