View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Speaking of ADHD, got a little side tracked there lol. But while the DGD is a handful she is also just the most adorable thing in the world and so well behaved, so long as her mother isn't around, that her hyperness really is quite tolerable. She jumps around a lot, but never on the furniture, she forgets she's not supposed to run in the house, but she won't run in the kitchen if someone is cooking even if she thinks she might need to throw a tantrum or something she'll walk out to the living room first then throw her tantrum or have her meltdown or go off running . It's just her attention span is the classic all or nothing that is generally seen with ADHD. She can either be hyper fixated on something or her little body, brains and eyes are off in a million different directions.

A typical conversation with her goes along the lines of "the lions says roar! Why do we eat chickens? Are all squirrels fluffy like cheetos? Where is the moon? How come snowcap (my cat) so fat? Do you like purple? I went to a park with mommy. Why was the wind so big on the mountain (from our trip to NH back in August and she still throws random tidbits about it into her conversations) ? I don't like pickles. Nampa took me to Publix. I'm thirsty (there's a full cup of juice sitting right beside her that she'll grab an looked shocked that she doesn't need to ask you for more because you filled it while she was chatting) What color are my eyes? (And before you can answer blue) What was that sound? (And there's about 40 different things she might have heard) Where does Gigi work? Nampa's scary so I say 'roar' to him just like the lions. The lions say 'roar'. Why do we eat chickens?...... rinse and repeat that conversation about 3 more times. All within a 5 minute span of time.

I sadly live my life for those morning conversations and don't see how her mother can ignore them. It is just the funniest thing to listen to her chattering away over breakfast, her conversations are all over the place but she almost always throws in the most random things like fluffy cheeto squirrels. Why does everyone call cow, steak or hamburger, but chicken is chicken and turkey is turkey but pig is ham, pork chops or bacon??!! And when a question like that is lisped out of the mouth of a three year old with all the seriousness of discussing quantum physics like this is one of the ninth wonders of the world... I mean it just makes my day. And though she's at the age where she'll except just about any answer to any question of hers with a simple "oh" and drop it I do my best all the same to answer them in the same manner in which they were asked.

The kid rarely hears, "because, that's why" from me. So if I can't answer off the top of my head when she asks a non-relatively common knowledge question, we look it up and Nama translates to 3 year old comprehension level words. And once she's done with her morning trivia and eating her breakfast, chats are done and she clears off her table, puts her bowl in the sink and is off and running. And I don't get another chatter session until snack time after her nap . Because of course morning snack time she's too busy devouring everything in sight to chat and the same at lunch time, and then again at dinner time. So there's only really 2 points during the day when I ses running her mouth more than her legs.
ger715 (12-30-2016), St George 2013 (01-04-2017)